Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Beginnings

Hello World :)

Well today I started BSU :) It feels right to be going to school where all my family went <3 It is kind of cool in  a way! :) Even though I miss New York like CRAZY, I feel like I'm in the right place. I'm very excited to see what this place has to offer me and to be learning things that really interest me..rather than taking classes to just be taking them. I know you all are dieing to hear how my first day was...so instead of killing you with suspense I guess I will just tell you now. ;) And, if you don't care... then you can go up to the right part of this browser and click the little red X. My feeling won't be hurt at all.:)

So to start my crazy and nervous morning today. I get up and make smoothie using my new blender..that is also a to-go cup! :) It was quit exciting to use and very tasty to drink! :) Then out the door we went to leave early so we could be on time? But, in reality we were really early? Yeahhhh. I guess. So then I went to all my classes...and I was very excited that I made it to them not only on time...but in the right rooms! :) All my classes seem like they will be good except for one. That one class being HSC 261.

HSC 261 - Is also called Health, Sexuality and Family Life. Going into this class I was nervous by already reading some of the objectives. Now don't forget I am a Christian and I believe everything God has written for me. That sex should wait till marriage and that its not something we just through around willy nilly. But, this class on the other hand doesn't agree with me. In the course description it makes since on why I would need to take it....sexual disorders, STD's and family's role in sex. This might not make since to you, but it is something I will come across with working in my major. But, little does this course description say that I would have to talk about my "sexually", "answer private questions in class"(with a clicker -__- ) , and also "watch an X rated film or go to a night hot spot". HA! That is not going to happen. Good thing there is an e-mail address I can fix that problem with :). Now, with hearing the girls talk around me, I quickly learned I am not the "average college student". I have morals and I choose not to party. I am perfectly fine with these. I like to remember every night I have had and to not worry about what I was doing while I was blacked out from drinking..but these girls I guess don't. And this is their decision. So with hearing this, I was even more nervous about starting our first small group discussion. We had to sit together and rank people 1-8. The people where either waiting till marriage, sleeping with 5 guys, cheating..so on so forth. And with no surprise I was the only person who marked waiting till marriage as number 1. As the rest of the group put it as number three. This was eye opening to where I was probably going to stand in the class...the odd one out. But, why should I be so upset? Have I ever followed the crowd? No. Has God also done the best thing for me and lead me to where I need to be? Yes. And, that is what all truly matters. I guess why it was so hard for me was that this is the first time I felt like I was being laughed at for my values. Everyone else who knows me respects them.

So, after calling my fiancee and venting to him and then going to my mom's work crying and venting to her and wanting to drop the class, I decided that, that was the easy way out. God places challenges in everyone's life. These challenges are sometimes easy, hard, and unconformable. For me, I'm taking it as God's challenge. It is going to be defiantly unconformable at times but I'm going to stand up for what I know is right and glorify God in all ways. And that fokes is what matters the most. This will help me grow in a way to testify the Bible's teachings and show my faith. Maybe there is someone in the class that has never heard of God's way of waiting and I can witness to them. <3 So with a lot of prayer... I will make it through this class with a red face and a strong heart. (If anyone would like to pray that I make it through this class.. I would be extremely grateful)

So, with God's hand and this verse I plan on making it through with an A, James 1:2-8 (NKJV)2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.


Sorry if that just sounded like a rampage or that I just rambled on...I needed to get it out. :) So now for the real part of my day.....

Things I have learned today!
1. I'm not the average college student, and I'm okay with that! <3
2. If you own a bike and ride it around campus I guess you rule the roads and don't have to watch out for people coming by you.
3. The "scramble light" is my new fav thing :)
4. I need a hair cut
5. Flipping my hair around and hitting people is not going to help me make friends.
6. Not to forget my chap stick.
7. 1 child dies a week in Indiana
8. My beautiful engagement ring is a distraction to my learning.
9. My random thoughts of getting married is a distraction to my learning.
10. See number 8 again. :)
11. I can't wait to have a different last name so I'm not 4th in introductions... I need time to think people.
12. Don't worry about how your hair looks like when you leave your house, its going to look completely different within the 10 mins of walking outside.
13. Do not listen to your mother when she says you don't need a coat
14. Re-read number 8 <3



Soooo, that was my first day of school! I will try to keep everyone updated like I said I would, and I feel like this is the best way, so read if you want and if you don't want to.....well why did you get this far? lol. <3 I miss my New York family more and more everyday....don't think I forgot about you <3 <3 <3 <3



love,
me :)

2 comments:

  1. Dawn,
    Maybe you are there "for such a time as this" just like Esther. I will be praying for you. God's ways are always best!
    Love you,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dawn,

    Thank you for your insights. I love how you didn't back down or run away. Keep God as your pilot and you will never go wrong. Will be praying for you and if mom isn't available to cry on her shoulder I am in RB 465, drop by and use mine.

    Amy Ward

    ReplyDelete